It's Time to "Face the Music" with the National Music Museum's
40/40/40 Photo Contest, July 1-September 3, 2013
Photo Contest Rules
This Contest Has Ended. Link to Winning Photos.
What is the 40/40/40 photo contest?
Who is eligible to enter?
- 40 National Music Museum (NMM) t-shirts will be given away
- It is a celebration of the 40th anniversary of the National Music Museum
- $40 prizes will be awarded
- Entrants will photograph the NMM t-shirts in use and submit entries in one of 4 categories
What can I win?
How do I enter?
- The "Face the Music" photo contest is open to the public.
What are the photo contest categories?
- Request one (1) free NMM t-shirt.
- You may purchase additional t-shirts for a limited time (price valid only between July 1-August 15, 2013).
Important contest dates
- "Face the Music" Nationally at landmarks, events, historic sites, museums, restaurants, airports, and elsewhere around the country. Wear your t-shirt while sightseeing!
- "Face the Music" Internationally at landmarks, events, historic sites, museums, restaurants, airports, and elsewhere around the world. Imagine all the places you can go!
- "Face the Music" Creatively and Artistically.
- "Face the Music" in a Photobomb. Sneak into people's pictures (with their permission, of course) or drop into a photo shoot in an unexpected way.
How do I submit a photo(s)?
- Midnight, September 3, 2013: Deadline to submit photo entries.
- Midnight, September 9, 2013: Deadline to vote for your favorite entries.
- September 11, 2013: Contest winners announced.
- Email your high-resolution, digital photo(s) to NMM@usd.edu.
- The subject line of your email entry must read: "Photo Contest Entry."
- State the category(s) in which you wish to have your photos entered.
- Include your name, email address, and postal mailing address.
- Do not post your photos directly to the NMM's Facebook page. Any photos posted by entrants themselves to the NMM's Facebook page will not be eligible for prize consideration in this contest.
- The NMM will sort and post all photo entries into photo albums (arranged by category) on the NMM's Facebook page.
- Selected photos may be featured in daily posts on the NMM's Facebook page.
How are the winners determined?
Entries will be judged by:
- A panel of NMM photo contest judges (including members of the NMM staff and selected non-staff individuals).
- The popularity of the photos on the NMM's Facebook page.
- One winner in each of the four categories will be selected.
- The decisions of the contest judges are final.
- In the event of a conflict between the rules and any instructions or interpretation of these rules given by a NMM employee regarding the contest, these rules shall prevail.
- In order to be declared a winner by the contest judges, a potential winner must be in compliance with these contest rules.
- If a potential or declared winner(s) is not in compliance with these contest rules, the contest judges reserve the right to disqualify such entrant from the contest and select an alternative winner(s).
General Contest Rules
- Photos must be the original work of the entrant. They must not plagiarize from anyone or infringe a copyright or trademark, violate anybody's rights, and not be libelous or otherwise unlawful or misleading.
- By submitting your photo(s), you grant National Music Museum, Inc. a perpetual, non-exclusive, world-wide, royalty free use to copy, transmit, excerpt, publish, distribute, and publicly display the photo in any form or media now known or hereinafter developed. Photos that have been entered into other contests, or have been published elsewhere (newspapers, magazines, online, etc.) are not eligible.
- Photos may not include a watermark or other mark indicating the photographer's identity.
- Photos must be digital and high resolution.
- All submissions should meet a standard of taste and propriety; photos that do not will not be considered.
- The National Music Museum reserves the right to remove any inappropriate photos posted to its Facebook page.
- Photo contest participants hereby grant to the National Music Museum at the University of South Dakota the non-exclusive and irrevocable rights and license to make, edit, and use pictures for publicity, news or advertising—to include print, video, broadcast media and the Worldwide Web. Photo contest participants release the National Music Museum and the University of South Dakota from any and all claims of payment for publication rights, residuals or damages for libel, slander, invasion of privacy or any claim based on the use of said material.
- The NMM assumes no responsibility for: entries lost, stolen, late, delayed, damaged, illegible, incomplete, or for the failure, interruption or delay of any email or other communication to be received, for any reason; problems with the function of any website or website feature howsoever caused; the malfunction of, or damage caused to, any telephone network or lines, computer equipment, data or software, online systems, servers or access providers; traffic congestion on the Internet or on phone lines; the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks; or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer "hackers."
- Prizes are non-transferable, must be accepted as awarded by the NMM and cannot be exchanged by a declared winner for cash or other substitutes.
- By entering the contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these contest rules, which are subject to change without notice to contest entrants individually, and each entrant releases NMM, the University of South Dakota, directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents and advertising and promotional agencies, from any damage, loss or liability suffered as a result of or arising from the entrant's participation in the contest or the use of any prize.
- This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
- Participants are providing images and supporting information to the National Music Museum and not to Facebook.
This contest is not open to individuals associated with the contest, including the employees, agents or representatives of the NMM (including its advertising and promotional agencies). This contest is also not open to the immediate family members of the excluded individuals, and all other persons with whom the excluded individuals reside.
- The contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.